Need Feedback on possible lighting purchase

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

justin42279

AC Members
Sep 6, 2004
Hey everyone!

I'm looking to upgrade my 55 gallon which is 48" x 12.5" x 20" standard florecent lighting to possibly PC lighting. I'm wanting to look at keeping a few anomones and possibly a few corals.

I've been looking around at my local LFS and on the internet. I'm wanting to find a setup for around $250-300. One of the stores suggested a Coralife 48 Inch Aqualight. Heres a link from marinedepot.com.

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=ES53406

If I could get some feedback or suggest where I might find something else that would be better, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks everyone

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
I have the 24" unit, and it's fine. It would be good for corals that don't need really high light. If you were ultimately thinking about more demanding corals, you might shop around for metal halides or T5. You can get a 4X54 watt T5, which will give you more usable light, for about the same price.

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
On ebay, great lighting can be found for a lot cheaper, MH especially, my friend got a 150 watt, 6 blue led moon lights, and t5 actinic supplements for around $260 with shipping, that was australian aswell.

justin42279

AC Members
Sep 6, 2004
Thanks everyone. I'll take a look on ebay and see what I can find. The only problem that I have with ebay is the phising attempts I get bombarded with after signing up, but If I can find a deal, I might sign up again.

reefrash

bartender another round of skimmate
Dec 1, 2005
Montara, Ca.
www.robincampbellband.com
This might suit you, it's on sale too,this light is just o.k. Not to say Ebay stuff is junk 'cause there are a lot of good deals out there, sometimes it's not worth the hassle.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store