my GSP somethings wrong

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PufferBoi

AC Members
Dec 14, 2005
well....theres definitly somthing wrong with my puffer.....he swims up and sinks back down again head first..... and swims sideways.....i think i remember this happening to someone elses fish and his fish had worms...wats wrong with my fish and wat can i do to help

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
It's hard to tell what's wrong from what you've listed.

What are your water parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, salinity/SG)?

What size tank is he in? Any tankmates? How big is he?

What have you been feeding him? How has he been eating?

How long has the tank been set up and if recently, was it cycled first?

Answer those, and we'll have a better chance of giving you a good answer.

Eric

PufferBoi

AC Members
Dec 14, 2005
well...i have 2 dp and another gsp in a 20 gallon....im gonna take a watersample to get it tested at the petstore...i put about a 10 teaspons of salt in my 20 gallon.....rite now hes upsidedown, hes still alive...hes been upside down now for about 1 day...and when i try to flip him over he seems to just flipupside down again....i searched and something came up about burping the puffer....do you think thats the problem?

reiverix

Aye
Sep 4, 2004
Columbus, OH
Mixing DPs and GSPs is a bad idea. Dwarfs are freshwater. GSPs are brackish to full marine when mature. They require a marine salt mix. GSPs will kill the dwarfs if they live long enough. One GSP alone is too much for a 20g. There's no other way to say it, but you are keeping a tank that has no hope of success. Six dwarfs is more suitable for a 20g.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store