LFS Hilarity

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Slick Fork

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Wild Rose Country
Hi there,

So I'm in one of the big chain pet stores the other day, not sure if I'm allowed to name them on this forum but you could call it the LAND of PETs. Anyways I'm checking out some of their fish supplies which were all way over priced but I came across a bin of "Rock with String" which cost $30(canadian) each piece right next to it was "Rock with purple string" which would run you $35/pc. Each piece was a chunk of slate looking rock available from any riverbed near the rockies with a length of string wrapped around it, the tail end of the string extended maybe a foot past the knot. Now aside from the price gouging for rock and string what really killed me was that people were buying it!! I have no idea what the string is supposed to do and couldn't manage to keep a straight enough face to ask. I had to leave the store before I embarassed somebody.

So..... Any thoughts on what use the string might be (I'm thinking to anchor the rock to the bottom of the tank so it doesn't float away :D :D )

Brooklyn

AC Members
Dec 30, 2005
It's a pet rock for your pet fish....the purple string is a leash :)

You should be sure to buy one for all of your little swimmers so that one doesn't begrudge the others. You wouldn't want the rocks to get lonely either ;)

MoparORnoCAR

It's our struggles that define us.
Dec 8, 2005
LaCrosse, WI
The string is so you can lower the rock into the water without getting your hands and arm wet, silly.....................if that is really the reason, that is just sad :laugh:

pwrflpills

AC Members
Oct 19, 2005
Delray Beach, FL
um, wouldn't it be to tie plants to??? Seems logical. $35 is crazy, but hey, you're in Canada.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
In the interest of study, I really think you should go back and ask. What if we're missing something really important by using rocks without strings?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store