Something wrong with one of my blue demps!! HELP ASAP!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PmAn2k3

Livin' Large
Jun 1, 2002
Tennesse, Bubba.
Something is wrong with one of my blue dempseys, all the other fish and the water is fine! But the dempsey isnt, He has turned REALLY dark (almost black) and he just kinda drifts, he cant swim at all I dont think, he drifts. I think his swim bladder is messed up, he just lays and drifts on his side.. Please help, HOW can i cure? of course he cant eat because he cant swim.. I threw some shrimp pelletes in for him/her today...

Please help me.

PmAn2k3

Livin' Large
Jun 1, 2002
Tennesse, Bubba.
he is in a 10galon and is under 2 inches... Im going to try to do a waterchange and add some melafix

Tiger15

AC Members
Jan 20, 1999
New Jersey
shirley.stormloader.com
Blue Dampsey is a genetic mutant that comes with many external deformities and possible internal defects that won't show up until late. Many people have trouble raising BD to adulthood. So there may not be any desease or water quality problem, just that luck has run out.

bobbdd

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
I received 5 Blue D's that had been lost in shipment. They developed a case of Ich that was untouchable....and one by one died. I never saw a fish so covered with Ich. There were other types of fish in the shipment and they too had Ich, but in 4-5 days were healthy and well.

ScottoMacD

Charlie and Amanda's Daddy
Dec 21, 2001
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec, Canada
Pman.

I would go check out this site.

http://www.fishyfarmacy.com/symptoms.html

It might help you out. I have always found what I needed in a pinch.

All my Blues died off in 4 months. I was just getting my trying to build a stronger strain experiment going. Two of the blue males had actually paired off with 2 regular females.

Then all the blues (4 males) got sick at once and popped off in about 3 days. I still have no clue what killed them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store