OK, I took some pics today - Tank in General

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

superstein61

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Ok, well I was playing around and decided to take some pics today of my tank and its inhabitants to eventually update my website with more photos.

I had a bit of trouble with some glare (gotta take the right side of the tank at night) - but here they are.

I have optimized the pics (ie reduced their size via JPEG Optimizer) for easy loading. Since there is a lot - I will post General tank Photo's on this thread - and pics of some of my fish on another thread.

Comments welcome and appreciated.

Whole Tank:

Left Side:

Right side with glare:

sillymikey

Cheesehead
Feb 19, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Visit site
nice lookin tank!
how many inhabitants are in there? Im starting to cycle mine. Still havent decided what to put in there, but I definately plan on putting plants
*edit* ahah nevermind, just saw your other thread

superstein61

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Thanks - I just updated my specs page - I have right now:

Live Plants

2 Large Anubias Nana
1 Anubias Coffeeolia
4 Java Ferns
1 Bolbitis Fern
2 Coconut Shells and 1 pieces of Driftwood covered w/ Java Moss
3 Planted WaterSprites
3 large bunches of hanging / floating Anachris
2 bunches of floating Hornwort
Several floating WaterSprites

LIVESTOCK

2 Pelvicachromis Taeniatus Nigerian green
2 Triple Red Apisto Cacutoides
2 Dicrossus Filamentosus
6 clown loaches
1 Yo-Yo loach
1 Butterfly Hillstream Loach
1 Bristlenose Albino Pl*cos
2 Green Lazer Corys
3 Cory Duplicareous
2 Upside Down Catfish
8 Rummynose Tetras
6 Lemon Tetras
2 Pearl Gouramis
2 Honey Gourmais
2 Days Spike Tail Paradise Fish
2 Siamese Algae Eaters

Last edited:

O-man21

30 FW, 6 SW, 2.5 SW
Dec 3, 2002
Des Moines, IA
nice pics.. theres I fish in there that has the head of a krib, but it's body is like grey...or is that the Pelvicachromis Taeniatus Nigerian green

superstein61

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Originally posted by morleyz
Nice looking tank...and me being the plant newbie...have to ask you what is the plant right in the middle of the tank laying along the bottom starting to go in front of the driftwood?
Morleyz - LOL, that is one of my artificial plants. I have a few artifical plants I liked mixed in with my live ones because of my low tech, low light (1.5 watts per gallon), non CO2 setup.

All of the grassy type low lieing plants I looked into need more light, etc - so I just used this. It actually looks quite realistic, and mixed in with the live plants is kind of hard to tell it isn't live. Its made by SeaGarden - they make a line of higher quality silk plants

superstein61

AC Members
Dec 10, 2002
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Originally posted by cacti
What kind of background are you using? Its looks like some kind of natural rock or what?:confused:
Cacti - that is my DIY fake rock wall background. It really does look realistic. I have had people over who always ask my where I found the rocks for my back wall - LOL. You can check the link in my signature for more info on it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store