help for 75 gallon fowlr

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

simmertp

AC Members
Jan 6, 2006
Hello and thanks in advance for your help. Set up 75 gallon with 65 lbs of liverock. my question is on stocking.please let me know if this is ok.
humu trigger.... this is a must for me
snowflake eel
lyretail wrasse
saddle valentini puffer
i believe this would max me out. please advise. thanks

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I'd pick 2, rather than adding all 4. The trigger will be very messy, and a huge bioload. Sitto for the eel and puffer, don't know about the wrasse. Putting 3 messy fish in a 75 will make it hard to maintain good water quality, especially since you won't be able to maintain any of the normal 'cleaner' animals, like snails, limpets, crabs, shrimp, etc.

Decz

AC Members
Aug 15, 2002
BC, Canada
I agree with OG, cut the load in half... and beef up your mechanical filtration because you won't have much luck with keep the critters alive with that crew.

Also, I don't consider lyretail's to be reef safe, so as long as you're planning a FOWLR long term, then you should be ok with that. They do get very large though - upwards of 8"... IMO, big wrasses = big problems (that's my experience at least!)...

van

AC Members
Jan 7, 2006
I think these are very cool fish.Have you started your tank yet?What size tank would you other guys recommend for this choice of fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store