Hood and lighting...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Luca Brazzi

AC Members
Oct 12, 2002
Visit site
In order to prepare myself for undertaking the building of a 75 Gallon Acrylic tank, stand, canopy, sump, and bio-tower, I decided to do a simple "Introduction to working with Acrylic" project, and built a 1.75 gallon 8" x 8" acrylic betta tank. I cut and glued the pieces together, and...

...BEHOLD....

...NO LEAKS...

I added some gravel.plants,ornaments,bubblewand, and a betta and there ya go. The betta is chillin.

The next step is to build the sump/bio tower. I have a design in mind... It will be something like the Tidepool II with the removeable slide out trays...

Anyway.... I want to also test my canopy building skills... can anyone suggest a lighting scenario for a 8" x 8" tank? Its small but I still want Buckoo visiblity.

I want that betta to feel like he's on Broadway.

Ananda

AC Members
Feb 15, 2002
Chicagoland
Visit site
> can anyone suggest a lighting scenario for a 8" x 8" tank?

Yep -- go to Walmart and look for a desk lamp with a small compact fluorescent bulb. Seriously.

Or, if you want a clip-on light, get one of the Azoo aquarium lights for those designer betta tanks.

> I still want Buckoo visiblity.
btw, it's "beaucoup" visibiltity (French word)...unless the fish's name is Buckoo?

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store