help ick!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Deb2

AC Members
Jun 4, 2002
Folsom, CA
Visit site
My Kole tang has ick. I am now putting the fish into quarentine. I would like to know what medications every one thinks is best for ick. The fish is already breathing hard (and it is still in the main tank) so I think I need a treatment that works faster than hyposalinity. Thanks in advance.

heedicus

aqua-nerd in training
Dec 23, 2001
Boise, ID
www.skijor.bravepages.com
hello,
If you can startup a hospital tank that would be ideal, then you can use copper. That should nix it fastest. I personally beleive ich shouldnt kill a fish. as long as its healthy and not stressed one would hope they could get over it. I have had fish that all I have done to cure em (although I probably didnt kill them just put em into recession) is feeding some garlic with their foods.
t

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
A q-tank is definitely your best bet, and treating with copper will be effective. Provide for lots of surface agitation in the q-tank. This will increase the oxygen levels, and help the tang breathe easier. You need to figure out why the fish has ich to begin with--tangs are prone to ailments when stressed, so check the water conditions in your main tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store