Looking for ideas!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

only6foot6

AC Members
I need help stocking my 80 gallon tank.

I know I want the following:

4 - 5 angels to be the main attraction
6 - 8 corys

What else should I put in?

Looking for ideas.

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
How about some midsized schooling fish...some type of tetra. YOu could put a nice large group of one of those in there and I think that would look great.

Pick a schooling fish that's not too colorful, since you don't want them to overshadow your angels. I have some prestella tetras that I think are very nice for that reason. Their body color is muted but they have these very bright yellow/black "tags" on thier fins that really stand out....but not so much as to visually "take over" my tank. I believe they're large enough too, that the angels wouldn't make a snack of them....lol....but my angels haven't yet reached full size, so I have to wait and see.

only6foot6

AC Members
Yeah - I was thinking about Glowlights.

There kind of small. Do you think they could start disappearing once the angels get larger?

Any other suggestions?

reptileguy2727

Not enough tanks, space, or time
Jan 15, 2006
Northern Virginia
yes, the slim-bodied tetras could end up disappearing. if the angels are pretty enough they will look great next to any tetra. i like the serpae tetras, they get great colors once they are in good water and given the right food. i also like black phantoms and bleeding hearts, neither of which are overly colorful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store