$100 Billion

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
(Update 2:18pm eastern)

That's what our oil companies got from us..

I'm still amazed it takes $25.00 to fill a Toyota Corolla.

Their tactics worked quite well for them. Raise the price sky high, then later drop it some, then slowly raise it again - and no one will even notice. It's "normal"...

Not.

----------

:mad2:

reality

New Mexico Space Port - 2007
Aug 20, 2005
albuquerque, nm
I love how they all defend themselvs by saying "we've invested 1 billion in researching new energy". that's not even a drop in the bucket.

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
I'm just happy that I own a car, and have a gas station down the street to fill up at. I'm happy that, in this country, and as a woman, I'm allowed to OWN and DRIVE a car, and I don't even have to wait for my husband or another male relative to leave the house with me. I'm happy that I can drive wherever I want to without passing armed guard stations every 2 miles.

Do I think the oil companies overcharge? Yes. Am I happy about it? No. I just don't have every waking moment of my life consumed with how "Big Brother" is screwing me.

We have it pretty darn good here!

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
aknif said:
I'm just happy that I own a car, and have a gas station down the street to fill up at. I'm happy that, in this country, and as a woman, I'm allowed to OWN and DRIVE a car, and I don't even have to wait for my husband or another male relative to leave the house with me. I'm happy that I can drive wherever I want to without passing armed guard stations every 2 miles.

Do I think the oil companies overcharge? Yes. Am I happy about it? No. I just don't have every waking moment of my life consumed with how "Big Brother" is screwing me.

A-FRIGGEN-MEN!

xauz

AC Members
Jan 9, 2006
Central Wisconsin
:clap: I don't know how many of you listen to country, but there is a song out now called "American by God's Amazing Grace" by Luke Stricklin. He is/was in the National Guard and spent 12 months in Baghdad. The song is about how bad it was over there and what he went through. It's a great song and I highly recomend it.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
Well, IMO, its pretty obvious theres a certain amount of price fixing going on. I would imagine a govt led monopoly lawsuit could split up the large oil companies and spawn a whole bunch of smaller companies which might actually compete with one another.

Riso-chan

The Blue Girl
Jan 17, 2005
Florida, USA
aknif said:

I'll have to third that. Even though we've got our own screwy problems, we are lucky in many respects. Even if one day I were to decide for whatever reason to go live in another country, this would still be my original home. Every country is going to have its own set of issues, and we're no different, in fact, that should make us realize we're not that much different from other human beings.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
aknif said:
... ...
I just don't have every waking moment of my life consumed with how "Big Brother" is screwing me.

My point and topic is how Big Brother/Big Oil IS screwing with my wallet.
And.. Latest talk about this subject is you better get ready for $3.00 a gallon by July or August.

I do understand that most Muslim (Islamic) women don't have many freedoms.

And, yes we have it pretty darn good here.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Slip, I think it's more than a little.You'll never see a gov't-led lawsuit. The oil companies pay too much for their/our politicians for that. Aknif, I think you're confusing freedoms fought and died for in this country versus getting bent over every time you refuel. Since the oil industry was deregulated the price has done nothing but rise. Every year during hurricane season they raise the price by saying " loss of production". Where are the concomitant gas lines and ration cards? I for one am sick of getting lied to by these thieves. Their looting causes the prices of everything to increase, again. I love living in the U.S. I lived outside the country for six years and have seen firsthand how bad things are elsewhere. I don't think a feeling of outrage toward the oil companies means I don't appreciate where and how I live. That sounds like a good propaganda campaign like the one Halliburton ran. " A loyal American will gladly pay whatever we decide to charge." I'm sick of it. I work for myself and sometimes put a thousand miles a week on my truck. I've had to raise my rates twice in two years just to cover fuel costs. There is no reason for so much increase aside from the fact that they want more money. Slip is right. We need some honest competition among the oil companies. Don't see it ever happening, though.

Mark

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store