Anemone Compatibility Question...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Daverman

AC Members
I have had Purple Tip Haitian (By the way, is this one variation of Condy?) for the past six months, and it's been doing great. I'm really proud of the fact that I've been able to keep it healthy for that amount of time:D. I'm totally fascinated by anemones, and I'd like to add another anemone in my tank. I want to try different species of anemones, such as bubble tip, sebae.....etc. I wonder if it is ok to mix two different species of anemones together. Is there any chance that they will kill each other? Is an anemone immune to other anemones' sting? I need your opinions on whether I should do it or not, and ,if I should, what kind of anemone you recommend. Thanks.

Daverman

AC Members
My Purple Tip Haitian currently resides in a 10-g tank. It's about 3" in diameter. The tank has a Eclipse 1 System w/ 2x36W PCs (10000K & actinic). I love Eclipse System because It's so neat. I don't have to deal with other unsightly external equipments. It definitely enhances the look of my tank. Anyway, the tank has been running since last July. I don't have many inhabitants, except A. percula and a few "reef-safe" hermit crabs, because I specifically designed this tank as "Anemone-only" tank. The tank has 10-lbs Fiji LRs, and 2"-deep crushed coral. Do you think I have enough space to accommodate two anemones? I'm not sure how big Purple Tip, or other anemones get. Any recommendation on selection? Here's my second question. I recently noticed that some of purple tips started to multiply. Now one tentacle has 2-3 purple tips. I don't know what's going on. My anemone looks healthier than ever. Is there something wrong?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store