Bristlenose Plecos Spawning!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sciencegeek

AC Members
Jan 7, 2006
I have a pair of bristlenose plecos that have spawned twice. The first time was a complete surprise just for the fact that I had gotten them for the algae and had no idea how to even sex them. haha So needless to say I didnt know when she laid the eggs, and I didnt know when they hatched so the fry was eaten. Than the second batch came, again I dont know when, and I saw them hatch and removed the fry from the tank. I did a lot of reading and found out so much about them. My females belly is looking large again, and I was wondering how often do they spawn? Is it every month? and are there any signs beside her stomach that I should be looking for?

*I posted this on the bottom feeder fourm, and got one response and I am looking for more feedback

graphicdesign_r

Tact is for the weak.
Oct 31, 2005
In your nightmares.
Congrats, you need very good environment for plecos to spawn. As this is the newbie forum and your question is fairly advanced you may want to post it in general FW since that area has the most traffic.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store