my anemone won't leave the powerhead alone.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

caseykell21

AC Members
Oct 26, 2005
I bought an anemone over a month ago and he found himself a nice private spot. 4 days ago he started to move around and yesterday I have to cut the bottom of my power head to get its pedal disks loose and move him back to the rock. This morning he was right back at the powerhead. I have a pre filter on it but he won't leave it alone. Whats wrong. maybe a water change?
thanks
casey

caseykell21

AC Members
Oct 26, 2005
At last check a week ago.

Ammonia 0, nitrates 0, nitrites 0, Ph 8.3, 195 total watts of light. 1 65 watts blue actinic, 1 65 watt 50/50, 1 65 watt 10,000k, yes I feed it once a week a whole shrimp. It is a bulb tip.
casey

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I'd run the tests again to verify that nothing has changed there. How big is the tank?

Hnenomes tend to prefer high flow areas without being in a torrent, so if possible, move the powerhead so it created turbulence around the anenome, but it positioned to the anenome can't get to it. They aren't samrt, they just seek areas that meet their needs, and this is most likely an effort to find a higher current area, as long as water specs are good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store