my 1/2g betta bowl and my 1/4g betta bowl

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jadefoodog

AC Members
Dec 15, 2005
my 1/2 g betta bowl.
it contains 1 chinese mantis and some real plants and some sticks heres some pictures

and a closeup

and my 1/4 gallon betta bowl

contains my B.mendica anfrican deser mantis and some sand and sticks.

and the bigggg shot

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Well, that's one cool use for those little "betta" tanks !

We kept a mantis for a few weeks once.....fed it anything we could find that we could put in there live for it to eat..lol. We let it go after the kids lost interest.

I once heard a manly man kind of guy screem like a little girl when one flew and landed on his shoulder at a family picnik once.....LOL ! One of my fondest memories ! :D

If I had to say what my favorite insect is....I'd have to say the manits....they are sooo kool !

jadefoodog

AC Members
Dec 15, 2005
lol yeah they are awsome . the small enclosure is benifitial to the mantis cause not only does it not move much but italso is a stalker and cant chase down food so the less roaming room the food has the better chance it has to catch it.

the mendica i breed the chinese isnt worth it . they are so common nobody wants them and i often hear of them used as feeders.

theres a few more species i want but will have to wait. they are really so easy to feed and keep i dont see why its not more common.

it cost like 10 bucks for a mantis setup but its like 60 for even a 5g fish setup.
i still love me some fishies but its just mind boggling to me.

CBTF

;(
Jan 2, 2006
Toronto, Canada
thats awesome.

they sell these huge cockroaches you can put in a tank with woodchips and stuff, but that wouldnt go over well with the parents :p

what do you feed them? the second one looks crazy, camouflage and stuff.

patoloco

De seguro no sabes lo que dice aqu
Oct 20, 2005
Costa Rica
wetpatoloco.tripod.com
I know my girlfriend would throw away the tank if I ever considered keeping one of those marvelous mantis. She is scared to death by those insects and also by spiders.

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
jadefoodog said:
my 1/2 g betta bowl.
it contains 1 chinese mantis and some real plants and some sticks heres some pictures

Wow this is pretty nice and I am very impressed. You are making me want to get one again. When I was in college, we caught one and kept it in a 10 gallon tank and fed it tons of crickets. It was a pretty cool pet and a lot of fun to have.
But I love those little set ups. I would take a Chinese if I could find one.

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
patoloco said:
I know my girlfriend would throw away the tank if I ever considered keeping one of those marvelous mantis. She is scared to death by those insects and also by spiders.
Spiders are one thing.. but these guys are cool. But I am the one that tells my girlfriend no spiders. lol

penguinfish

Penguins will one day rule...
Dec 18, 2005
New Zealand
Wow...love your mantis! Nice camera as well...lol
What megapixel is it?

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
penguinfish said:
Wow...love your mantis! Nice camera as well...lol
What megapixel is it?