HELP! My baby has cataracts!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bubbz

Registered Member
Jan 21, 2006
my black moor has a seriously bad case of cataracts! I've already seperated from the tank and have him in medicated water (melafix:fungal treatment) it brought the swelling down on the initially infected eye, but the next day, both eyes were clouded over with the same icky white thick skin. He now seems to have problems with getting off of the ground and has not eaten a thing in days. Does anyone out there have any experience with treatment of this?

Roan Art

AC Members
Oct 7, 2005
Northern VA
bowheads.org
I sincerely doubt he has cataracts. Most likely cloudy eye.

What size is the tank?
Water parameters? Ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and pH. Exact numbers, please.
How often do you change the water and how much do you change?

Unless we have the above information, there is little we can do to help you.

Roan

bradyworwood

Cooter
Jan 20, 2006
I don't think it is the cataracts that are making him sick I had a 10 year old 8 inch long black moore given to me by a neighbor once who had cataracts in both eyes and was basically blind, but he lived for four years after that. he had a harder time finding food but other than that he was completely healthy

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
cloudy eye is a difficult thing to treat... rather, treat successfully... it's usually but not always stemmed off of another condition mirrored with water conditions. We'll need to know what your water parameters are and your maintenance schedule on the tank. Also how big is the tank and how many other fish are in with this moor?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store