LFS going out of business!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bitsy

Intelligent,Conservative,Beautiful
Dec 3, 2005
Jenison, MI
www.myspace.com
I am super excited. Just read todays paper and one of our LFS, Bubbles and Beaks, is going out of business. Diane, the owner, is retiring and closing her doors. I'm going first thing in the morning before classes to see what shes got and what the prices are. I might finally be able to afford that new tank I've been thinking about!!!! Just thought I would share my excitement!!!!

Debisbooked

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
Fremont Ohio
Bitsy said:
I am super excited. Just read todays paper and one of our LFS, Bubbles and Beaks, is going out of business. Diane, the owner, is retiring and closing her doors. I'm going first thing in the morning before classes to see what shes got and what the prices are. I might finally be able to afford that new tank I've been thinking about!!!! Just thought I would share my excitement!!!!
You go Girl!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Bitsy said:
... I might finally be able to afford that new tank I've been thinking about!!...
Offer a low price on the tank. Tell her how much you wanted that tank... If that doesn't work, force yourself to cry - and make sure you have some Kleenex (tissues) to wipe your eyes for added effect.

That should work!

:D

Bitsy

Intelligent,Conservative,Beautiful
Dec 3, 2005
Jenison, MI
www.myspace.com
Well I ended up getting a used 50g with a light for $50, so I don't think I did too bad. There wasn't a whole lot left by the time I got down there. Her big 125g display tank was already sold :( That's what I really wanted!!! So now I am on the quest for a filter, any suggestions? Also, what can I use for the top? My dad suggested getting a piece of plexi glass cut?!?! Thanks guys!

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
That is a good deal on a tank. But it is sad that your LFS is closing. There are not to many good ones left around. I hope someone buys the shop and opens a new one at the same location.

Raskolnikov

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
If I were you, I'd go with a glass canopy. They're really inexpensive.

I tried using plexiglass for tank lids, and it started drooping inwards in only about a month. I didn't wait for it to droop so much that it fell in the tank, but at the rate it was going it surely would have. (I did have thick plexi, too - 1/2".)

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Assuming it is a 50 long then you will need some sort of centre brace as even glass will sag without it.

I guess it also depends on the fish you are keeping. I don't actually keep a top on any more, I just grow plants atht cover the top of the water. My fish don't jump so it isn't a problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store