help with fish selection

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

abc_1225

Registered Member
Jan 25, 2006
I have a 36 bow front tank and would like to have colorful fish in it. I was thinking African cichlids. Can someone please recomend a good combo of fish to put in the tank? (I would really like blue fish).

managuay86

New World Cichlid Keeper
Sep 13, 2005
San Diego, California
my best guess for u are pendini cichlids, cobolt blue cichlids, or kenyi cichlids. all those cichlids are malawian cichlids and they all dont get bigger than 6 inches. be warned though if they are mixed then there is a really good chance that they might cross breed, I personally think its cool just as long as u dont go selling them unless they are the next "flowerhorn" so to speak :D anyway those three are really easy, stay small, and are always active, and best of all they are all blue!!

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
Please include all information about your tank. We cannot give you adaquate advice unless you give us adaquate information.

This was your other post:
abc_1225 said:
I have a 36 gal bow front tant. I have a pink gourami and a red tiger oscar. Can I add any of the following fish: blue mbuna, blue zebra, yellow kribensis, African peacock, deepwater hap, kenyi, lemon cichlid, sajica cichlid, four spine cichlid? I would like to add a yellow and a blue fish to my tank. Any suggestions?
I have already answered your question in the other thread, but here it is again:

Your oscar is going to need at least a 75 gallon tank very soon, are you prepared to get that for him? If not, you need to remove him asap.

The only fish out of that list that you MAY be able to house with the gourami is the yellow kribensis. All the other ones are incompatible.

:)
-Diana

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store