my first fry

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mowenfast

AC Members
Oct 6, 2005
Here is a female orange zebra from my bredding colony of 13. She has been releasing fry for a few weeks now and they just seem to keep coming out of her mouth!

Also here is a shoot of one of my first fry caught in the baby keeper if you look close you can see how small it is compared to the pebbles.

Let me know how you all feel!

kcooley

freeswimming
Dec 14, 2005
MN
nice...

if she has been holding for more than 21 days i would recommend netting her and releasing the fry yourself so she can eat again. it can be kinda harsh going hungry that long. she should eat within a few hours of releasing...

first net her, and gently grab her whole body with her head between your index and thumb. pull her out of the water and dip her head repeatedly in the tank or a net, shell spit them out a few at a time. be careful not to squeeze the jaw too much, it is very fragile and would be fatal to a fish that is already starving

kcooley

freeswimming
Dec 14, 2005
MN
nice...

if she has been holding for more than 21 days i would recommend netting her and releasing the fry yourself so she can eat again. it can be kinda harsh going hungry that long. she should eat within a few hours of releasing...

first net her, and gently grab her whole body with her head between your index and thumb. pull her out of the water and dip her head repeatedly in the tank or a net, shell spit them out a few at a time. be careful not to squeeze the jaw too much, it is very fragile and would be fatal to a fish that is already starving.

i had fry about 2 weeks ago and they arent very much bigger than that. water changes and high GH will help them grow faster and more immune to dissease.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store