Clown fish death

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greatpratty

AC Members
Sep 28, 2005
I came home to the sad sight of a dead clown fish today. I purchased him last saturday and he has been happily swimming around all week. All of my levels are good and I currently have a yellow tailed damsel in the tank who was not harrasing him. The tank is cycled and has been running for about a month and a half. I have noticed that the clown fish was not eating. I thought that eventually he would get hungry enough to eat something. What do you do for a fish that will not eat? It looked like he would take a pellet into his mouth and then spit it back out. The flake food he would just ignore. I am not sure if I should go out and get another or not.

USCavalry19d

AC Members
Oct 27, 2005
Lexington, ky
Im sure the fish most likely was stressed from the move. That and not properly acclimating a fish is one of the most causes of fish death. also the damsel might have picked on the clown. Damsels are an overly aggressive fish. as for the not eating thing it might be that the fish doesnt like the food,or it was still stressed from the shipping and or beating it could have taken from the damsel. try buying live frozen foods. saltwater fish are more picky than freshwater fish. clowns like a meaty type of food so try some mysid shrimp or even some butterfly/angel formulas.

macphoto

AC Members
Aug 19, 2005
How big was the food? I feed mine frozen mysis shrimp, and a dry food that I would describe as "granular" (or very small pellets of irregular size/shape). They frequently spit out both the shrimp and the granules (like if they're maybe too big to swallow), but usually suck them right back down and repeat the process a few times until they can keep it down.

--Mike

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store