Clownfish Problems

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lorna

Reef Crazy
Mar 1, 2005
Indiana
Okay I found my missing clown. He has been holed up literally in a hole in the live rock. He hasn't eaten that I know of and won't come out to eat even garlic laced food. He has crammed himself totally vertical in a crevice in the rock???? what is going on here???? the water parameters are all zero sg is 1.025 temp 80 tank fully cycle. He has been in there since last saturday...he was swimming around and eating fine until yesterday morning when I couldn't find him in his usual corner in the morning when I got up. He had been harassed a bit by the chromis but they have settled down now.

Lorna

Reef Crazy
Mar 1, 2005
Indiana
Well he didn't make it. I think he was stressed from being chased by the chromis. The other is busy now trying to host or is he hiding in the frogspawn. I plan on removing him back to qt until he starts eating. I will tempt him with some mysis, if he doesn't take it to the qt he goes. I will probably get another but much larger to hopefully mate up with him. Can you put an ocellaris with a percula???????

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Give the fish a little time. I have seen clowns be very finicky when small, only to become pigs later. Make sure the food is small enough to be eaten easily with no biting. Young clowns often don't like to chew or tear food. Dunno why.

It's a gamble to add a larger clownfish into a tank with an existing clownfish. If yours has started to transform into a female, then you will have a fight. Wait a while for yours to grow a little and add a small juvenile.

WHy do you want to mix species? If you have two percs, they will pair up and form a stable unit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store