Neon Green Water!! and eggs??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dixiechicken82

AC Members
May 7, 2005
Georgia
:help:
We just bought power compact lights with the white lights & blue light. Not sure of par value or anything. Soon after setting up the lights (at Christmas), there was a "bloom" of algae (or so I'm guessing) all over the walls of the tank. After cleaning it off the walls, it came right back within hours. This lasted for days. The LFS said this was normal with the addition of brighter lights and said to leave it alone. After about a week it stopped. Weeks later we woke up to find the water was a light neon green, but you could still see pretty well. After a day it was harder to see. It lasted several days and got murkier each day, and then finally went away. 2-3 weeks later, It has happened again. The live rock is barely visible now, shadowy looking. The only time I can see the animals is when they are right next to the glass. I put some water in a test tube to check the water quality, and the color was a faint green in the tube. Na:20 Ni:0 Am:0 pH:8.2. The only thing we've done different besides setting up the new lights, is put PurpleUp in the water. This neon green water doesn't seem to be algae to me. I can't see any textured stuff in the water. It's just green! As if I put bright green food coloring in it! =0) What is going on!?!

Also,
I noticed something on the glass a week & a half ago. There were these tiny, clear, oval sacs or pouches with 20 or more white dots in them. Each sac was separate from the rest but seemed to form a small trail. A week later the sacs were empty. So what happened to the white things in the sac? Were they eggs? I just got 4 new big snails, and I have about 10 nassarius snails. I assumed they were snail eggs since they were high up on the glass, but I thought the "eggs" would mature into snails before hatching. I don't know anything about snail hatchlings so I could be way off in my assumptions. Any ideas?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store