anemone question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

USCavalry19d

AC Members
Oct 27, 2005
Lexington, ky
i have a long tenticled sebae anemone and it moves around alot. i heard that if you stick the base of it in a PVC pipe it will stop moving around. however, i dont want to have an ugly pipe holding anything in my tank down or keeping it from moving. i am wondering if there are any other ways of trying to keep the anemone from moving around so much if any at all. any help would be great. thanks.

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Sorry but they tend to go where they want until they find a nice spot. They are animals and are pretty much uncontrollable. You can try to make a spot it might like to stay in (perfects current and light etc...), but it is no gaurentee. My brother's anemone seemed to like it in back of of his LR so he never saw it. They are not always good additions to tanks.

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
sometimes they stay where they think food will be. so if you feed it where it is it might stay there, its never for sure though. don't move him off a rock though.

USCavalry19d

AC Members
Oct 27, 2005
Lexington, ky
yeah my old one used to move around alot even when i did feed it. it finally crawled into a dark spot in the tank and died. i just dont want the same fate for this one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store