three false perculas. possible ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jacobus

dragon wrasse nut
Dec 4, 2005
Singapore.
i always wondered about this .. my lfs' display tank has quite a bit of false perculas..theres a group of 3 all in one anemone. i recently purchase a bubble anemone (fell in love with it instantly) well. now i think i looks kinda lonely that my two false perculas are happily living in their current anemone.. so i was thinking of getting another one to occupy (hopefully) the new anemone. anyone thinks its possible ? or is it a big mistake ? or will the new fish join the pair ? coz the pair's anemone looks just enough for two... haha..

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Bad idea. Perculas are very territorial, and even with another anenome, the current pair will not appreciate a new comer, especially if you end up with another female.

Adding 3-5 perculas all at once, in a large enough tank, will allow a dominant female/male pair, with 2-3 undifferentiated harem members--but even this requires a big tank and a lot of patience as they fight out for the dominant spots. Adding a clown to an existing pair, especially in anything less than 100 gallons, is unlikely to work, and often results in a dead clown. Been there, tried that, couldn't prevent the massacre.

jacobus

dragon wrasse nut
Dec 4, 2005
Singapore.
another thing .. is there any relation between a hosted anemone doing better than one without in captivity ? is there any special extra stuff other than good current and lighting and feeding i should be aware of ?

Last edited:

derick

AC Members
Sep 15, 2005
i have a 38 gallon tank, with 2 false perula.. added a smaller one about 13 months ago with zero problems they get along fine..

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
Clown fish do feed their anemone, but with regular feeding by you and enough light it will be fine. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store