plywood tanks?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishisme

I offer all kinds of free services
Oct 23, 2005
sk-canada
u make 1 side glass..

lucas68

Registered Fish User
Jan 4, 2006
Newark, DE
that would look ugly with the wood all around it. How do you seal the wood in a way to prevent rotting and still not get bad stuff in the water? Also, wouldn't any live plants eventualy eat through the wood?

pbrack

GO SENS GO!
Oct 8, 2005
I thought it was just a frame out of plywood...Large tanks usually need a big frame to support the edges, and often it's plywood or steel.

Not 100% sure though

lucas68

Registered Fish User
Jan 4, 2006
Newark, DE
Hannys_Papa said:
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/diy_plywood_aquarium3.php
A lot of people say that in the end you still spend a lot of money and its a very time consuming process.
Ok, and I thought I was nuts when I built the stand for my 29. The bad thing is that I'm now thinking I can build a tank in the wall between my family room and the kitchen. I would need a good divorce lawyer, but it sounds like fun.

fishisme

I offer all kinds of free services
Oct 23, 2005
sk-canada
ya... it cost just as much.... inless u gonna build a very very big tank...

UncaBret

Yummmm!
Nov 23, 2005
Normal,IL
www.myspace.com
lucas68 said:
Ok, and I thought I was nuts when I built the stand for my 29. The bad thing is that I'm now thinking I can build a tank in the wall between my family room and the kitchen. I would need a good divorce lawyer, but it sounds like fun.
What sounds like fun? The tank or the divorce?

jadefoodog

AC Members
Dec 15, 2005
i allways hear people say "yeah it would cost just as much" have you guys acctually tried it . last time i counted up supplies it was like almost a 50% diffrence

jadefoodog

AC Members
Dec 15, 2005
and i forgot location plays a big role in tank prices like around here a 75g is 400 bucks and a 90g is like 800 bucks. i could build a 8 foot tank for less than the price of the 75g tank probably around 400 - 600 gallons

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store