Black mollie with grey patches?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

budrecki

Trust me, it's for your own good.
Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL

What is this?!@#

I just did my friday water change on the 180g and noticed the "shadowing" on her scales. No fuzz, no wounds, not even white, just grey. No signs of distress, no clamping, ect. Scooped her up and dumped her into a 10g hospital.

Any ideas?

budrecki

Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
Anyone?

kcooley

freeswimming
Dec 14, 2005
MN
watch close over the next week to make sure she isnt building up slime coat really thick. it will start to slough off and be followed by patches of blood

mishi8

Go fly a kite!
Jan 13, 2005
Alberta
budrecki said:
I just did my friday water change on the 180g and noticed the "shadowing" on her scales. No fuzz, no wounds, not even white, just grey. No signs of distress, no clamping, ect. Scooped her up and dumped her into a 10g hospital.

Any ideas?
It looks as though she's clamping her fins in this pic. Could it be columnaris? Do keep an eye on her, maybe add some Melafix and/or Pimafix and see if it helps?

budrecki

Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
Lost her yesterday, after 4 days of melafix/pimafix. Thanks anyway.

lucas68

Registered Fish User
Jan 4, 2006
Newark, DE
I know how you must feel, I lost a molly this morning. He was a Dalmatian Molly, so if he was getting a patch like that, I would never notice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store