tiny black line on clown loach...worms? other?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
I have 2 clowns and 2 balas in QT right now, had them for almost 2 weeks. I just noticed a tiny black line on the tail of one of the clowns, about the lenght of a pencil tip, maybe half that width. I looked up anchor worms, but those look white. Any idea what else this might be? I also just saw one of the clowns flash for the first time, but no signs of ich. I will obviously be keeping them in QT for quite a bit longer, but not sure what to treat for if anything :confused: otherwise, fish seem very healthy and happy

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
:confused: :confused:

kveeti

Easily amused
Jun 12, 2002
Winnipeg, MB
Sorry, don't know what to say. Just wondering if the line is raised? My paradisefish had a dark dot that I obsessed over when I got him, but I finally got a good look at it through a strong magnifying glass, and it was just a colour pigment.

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Its so small it is hard to tell. I am hoping it is nothing, but after I saw the clown flash once, I'm a bit leary. And I figured if it was ich it would have shown up since they've been in QT for almost 2 weeks. :(

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
My clowns flash all the time. But its not ich. They were in a tank with my fantail goldfish and it goes to the bottom of the tank and flashes causing any food to float up so he can eat it. The clowns imitated the flashing whenever they are looking for food on the substrate.

They've been doing it for 2 months now. No signs of ich.

As for the black line. No idea, maybe just a normal marking?

Primetime

AC Members
Nov 12, 2005
IceH2O said:
My clowns flash all the time. But its not ich. They were in a tank with my fantail goldfish and it goes to the bottom of the tank and flashes causing any food to float up so he can eat it. The clowns imitated the flashing whenever they are looking for food on the substrate.

They've been doing it for 2 months now. No signs of ich.

As for the black line. No idea, maybe just a normal marking?
Dont want to hijack the thread, but I've been wondering for a long time:
What exactly is "flashing"?

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com