Tangs with Tangs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LazyD

AC Members
Sep 5, 2005
Hi all, I have an 85 gallon reef tank thats been goin for about 4 months now, I have a yellow tang and diamond goby that are doing great. I also have the random cleaner crew, snails, hermits and a large cleaner shrimp. I am starting to look around for 1 or 2 more fish to add to my tank, I was looking at a blue tang and either a lemonpeel or whitecheek tang. LiveAquaria.com says that both of these tangs will be agressive towards other tangs and peaceful towards different species. Is this completely true or does it happen once in a while. Id hate to buy either one of these fish only to have them pick at each other constantly.

Thanks

reefrash

bartender another round of skimmate
Dec 1, 2005
Montara, Ca.
www.robincampbellband.com
The general consensis is that mixing tangs with different coloration, and shape can help with aggression. IME many times the aggression is initial lasing a few days and like little boys on the playground they become best friends after the battle royal. Yellow tangs can be nasty, and whatever tang you drop in there better be prepared for it to defend itsself. Personally I'd stick with the yellow tang and look into other varietys of fish, tangs get big need a lot of food and poop alot, and at 85gal that town may not be big enough for the both of 'em. That just my opinion, just be prepared for a fight, and alot of poop if you do it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store