HELP!!! zebra danio won't eat!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Joanna

AC Members
Feb 15, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
i have a zebra danio who won't eat he just swims near the surface of the water very slowly and won't eat when i feed the other fish he has been doing this for about 2 days now. I had another zebra danio who did the same thing and he died and i was just hoping that you could help me. Please tell me if there is anything i can do.

Joanna

AC Members
Feb 15, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
OH NO!!!!

I took a good look at him and there is like a whiteish lump on the side of his head. what is it??? Help me please. i think my other one died of the same thing. :( :confused:

Joanna

AC Members
Feb 15, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
i took another good look at him and his head has turned red like from blood and he doens't look good at all. if it is ick i have some treatment but if it isn't i wouldn't want to add something to the water that would harm the other fish. sorry no pics. i don't know if he got cut by something. i don't think he did.:(

Joanna

AC Members
Feb 15, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
He died last night. Will it spread to my other fish? Do i need to do something to my tank? I am not sure what my water permeters are, i always go to the pet store to check all of that stuff they will do it for free, if there is something wrong they will tell me but there hasn't been anything wrong.

Joanna

AC Members
Feb 15, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
another one of my zebra danios got it too and he died last night. i cleaned and treated the water and i bought three new danios and they seem to be fine now.

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
When you go to the store, you should get p.h, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate testing kits. It is important to have each of those. I know it's expensive, but this entire hobby is. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store