Do Bloodfin Tetras spawn easily?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mduros

AC Members
Sep 20, 2005
Chicago, Illinois
www.maryduros.com
I have a very odd fish in my tank and I'm trying to figure out what the situation is. I think it may just be a bloodfin with a congenital disease of some sort. He is much, much smaller than the others, colors are a little different, tends to hang in the plants and not with the other tetras, but eats like a pig, swims around fine. Now I'm wondering if I could have lost one of the adults without knowing, unfortunately possible with my loaches, and if there were spawn that I didn't know about and there was one lucky survivor to that. I've had the bloodfins for many months so maybe I'll never know what the story of this loner is, but I thought I'd ask.
Thanks,
Mary.

P.S. I just wanted to add that I watch, look at, photograph my fish constantly, so they're not neglected or anything, but I did just notice this change a couple of weeks ago. What has me so very confused is that I had 4 bloodfins, still have 4 bloodfins, but this one is suddenly considerably smaller than the others.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store