Angelfish and Ram question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The Alaskan

AC Members
Feb 20, 2006
I currently have a 55g tank with a few live plants. So far, the tank includes 5 otos, 3 Dwarf Rainbows, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 3 panda corys, a german gold ram and an african dwarf frog.

I am looking into getting a german blue ram as a tankmate for the german gold ram and am wondering if they are capable of breeding and if this is an ok idea.

Also, I am looking at a black veil angelfish as a centerpiece fish. Will this fish be compatable with my listed tank mates? Is this fish ok as being the only angelfish in the tank? Are all angelfish relatively the same size as adults? If not, can you recommend a good small angelfish which would meet my requirements?

I know its alot of questions but I don't know a whole lot about angels.

Thanks in advance.
Einar

born2lovefish

AC Members
Feb 20, 2006
Avon, In (suburb of Indianapolis)
I have had up to 13 angels at a time. I'm not taking little ones either. When angels are small they are nice and peaceful, but once they get bigger they are aggressive. I can not keep neons or any fish that size with them or they will eat them. Trust me, I learned the hard way. I'm not sure about the ram with the angel, but I think it should be fine. I actually been thinking about putting two rams in with my angels. The fish store had them together, but the angels were small. If you have two tanks, you can try it and you can always move them if it does not work out.

Cathy G

Bolivians Rock
Jan 15, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.cathygeier.com
Angel/Ram

My angel turned horrible as she got bigger and chased everyone out of her territory, including my rams. What was her territory? The whole tank...
Cathy G
(She is in another tank now, and seems to be settling down a bit, if she doesn't cool it though, she is going back to the pet store...)

Cathy G

Bolivians Rock
Jan 15, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.cathygeier.com
Female

Well I know she is a female cause she laid eggs all over a big leaf in her new tank! She is my daughter's fish - named Bilbo. Now she is Bilbolina! There was no male in the tank, but she laid her eggs and was very careful that no other fish could come near her.

She is in my hubby's 75g with gouramis, barbs, rainbows and a big eel. But, when those eggs were around every fish in the tank was herded to the far side of the tank. (It was kindof funny looking!) It made my husband mad and since he was threatening to take her to a fish store I messed up her eggs to get her out of the spawning mode. She is better now, as long as everyone stays away from her!

Cathy G

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store