mixed a cichlid with a cichlid got a problem

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pface

AC Members
Feb 21, 2006
well not sure if this problem is just temporary because I just mixed them and my rather larger cichlid chased my new additional cichlid around for hours.. the larger cichlid started turning white (he was black with white stripes b4) and his back fin started to get very tense and was slicked back... he started chasing my new cichlid around but not in a very aggresive way but maybe in a more sexual way , could that be what he's tryin to do?

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
kinda sounds like he has a convict as the big 1, chasing the other fish around, if your stil havin problems, in an established aquarium with fish already in it its a good idea, esp with conviicts that are territorial, to mix up the decor just prior to putting in a new fish, so that the Con doesnt have a territoty anymore, and both fish have to establish the territories, also you can place mopre decor in the tank to make it harder for one fish to see another thus causing the chasing of other fish to be lessened.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store