Our universe may one day be obliterated -

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kittyhazelton

I eat sushi
Aug 15, 2005
Hartford, VT
elfwood.lysator.liu.se
my brain hurts.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
You know I think I'll just put that under the I can't do anything about it so there is no reason to stress about it folder of my brain.

Hannys_Papa

AC Members
Aug 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Now is that gonna happen before or after the sun turns super nova in 5 billion years ? If its after i might not have to worry about it right away.....

jennypenny

AC Members
Oct 30, 2005
Athens, Ohio
What exactly happens during a polar shift is certainly a interesting scientific mystery, and could have some bad results for man kind. However, saying that it will create a new reality seems like a stretch to me. The research trying to tie polar shifts to mass extinctions is weak at best. Although, if mundane acts create new realities then a polar shift could as well, but it may not be that much more dramatic.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
jennypenny said:
What exactly happens during a polar shift is certainly a interesting scientific mystery, and could have some bad results for man kind.... ....
Well, that's why you may have seen Olympic skaters blatantly fall down; if I'm not mistaken, this has never happened before. Maybe one couple, but not 4 is a row... Magnetic Shift is happening right now.

Lobo.

sheep in wolf's clothing
Feb 24, 2005
Nashville
??? what does polar shifts have anything to do with alternate dimentions??? it seems the guy who wrote that was just a science fiction writer that was takeing advantage of a new theory at the time... but yea the poles will shift, the solar wind will somehow still be deflected, and as long as the thing about the landmasses shifting that cause it- doesnt happen (meaning that albert einstien would be wrong) then were gona be ok whenever it happens, which will probably be within the next few thousand years (so dont worry too much, althought the supernova thing will happen in like 3 billion years.... or something like that)

but i dont know that ill bet the farm on einstein being wrong.... its time to build your superearthquake proof, tsunami resistant, reverse-oriented compass containing, superbunker!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store