African cichlid species sites

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

40ozpunx

AC Members
Feb 27, 2006
Hey, I'm looking for a good site that has information on african rift lake cichlids as far as info on all the different species

stingray4540

Hello, Hello, Helloooo!
Oct 18, 2005
San Jose, CA
www.geocities.com
www.malawimayhem.com and www.riftnreef.com have great info on the rift lake cichlids. Malawi mayhem has an extensive species profile list but you need to know the scientific name for most. riftnreef has some pictures with scientific/common name and a brief description of some of the more common cichlids. I think the same people run both.

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
stingray, thanks for mentioning riftnreef!

Actually today we were working on our species profiles... so hopefully we will soon have the database in gear! We plan to have a lake tangynikan and lake victorian species profiles section, and then we'll just link back to malawi mayhem for the malawi ones, since there's no use doing it twice!
:)

-Diana

stingray4540

Hello, Hello, Helloooo!
Oct 18, 2005
San Jose, CA
www.geocities.com
~*LuvMyKribs*~ said:
stingray, thanks for mentioning riftnreef!

Actually today we were working on our species profiles... so hopefully we will soon have the database in gear! We plan to have a lake tangynikan and lake victorian species profiles section, and then we'll just link back to malawi mayhem for the malawi ones, since there's no use doing it twice!
:)

-Diana
Your welcome! If your not going to do it I guess I'll have to. lol.
I'm glad to here that the species profiles are comming along. If I had a better camera I could give you some pics of my brachardi and Juli regani, oh well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store