35g hex vivarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

budrecki

Trust me, it's for your own good.
Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
Yes, Tipstylez, I stole your idea :duh:

Day 1 - cutting and fitting the styrofoam sheets

Any suggestions?

kyle3

AC Members
Mar 17, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
oooh! you're having so much fun with your "fishy vacation"

looks great!

i've always wanted fire belly newts they've got very striking colors and they're cute(to me)

some fing of frog or toad could be interesting

budrecki

Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
Help! 6 hour searching.......I cannot find anyone, any frog, newt, salamander, or other critter that won't eat fish in the bottom half of the vivarium or drown!

Emg, any ideas?

If I cannot find a fish freindlt amphib, I'll probably go with White's tree frogs.

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Red bellied newts should be ok Bud.....they don't get large enough to eat much...and mine dont' go in the water anyway. ADFs are also a good choice for river tank setups....they're harmless and stay small. ADFs are fully aquatic and never come out of the water. You could have fish in the water with those, no problem...and the redbellied newts on the land portion.

Here's a pic of my newts, to give you an idea of what they look like. There is an aqutic newt that does get pretty large and WILL eat your fish...but not these guys !

redbellied newt and ADFs

two redbellied newts...

OOOOO...I have an empty 20gallon hex sitting around...you're giving me ideas !! LOL

Last edited:

budrecki

Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
Thanks Emg. I'll keep an eye out for red bellied newts.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store