oscars have ich?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kevinn2003

AC Members
Feb 26, 2003
Carol Stream , IL
Visit site
hey my 2 oscars have small white spots on there 2 clear fins near there mouth, theres about 6 spots on each of them, i bought some solution to cure ich but its not helping... i have firemouths and convicts in the tank none of them have spots is this even ich or something else?

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
Try slowly (like a couple of degrees a day) raising the temp and throwing a tablespoon per 5 gallons of salt in there. Keep that going for 1.5-2 weeks, depending on the results. Then slowly bring the temp back down. I'd say get the temp to about 90, but there'll probably be some conjecture about that. I'd try and remove the other fish if you can, as this will be pretty uncomfortable. Otherwise I'm hearing good things about garlic treatments, where you can soak your food pellets or frozens in garlic extracts (sold by Kent, Seachem, or the local grocery store, make sure it's in water) and feed that to them. I don't know how well it'll work for external parasites, but it's worth a shot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store