condy anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

unknownfisher

AC Members
May 13, 2005
Well i was just wondering if a halogen light bulb would work for a condy anemone. It is 3 inches long and 1 inch thick. It is a 150 watt light bulb. Would this work?

ragc

AC Members
Dec 4, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I kept mine with a 65W fluorescent/actinic with no trouble. My tank is a 10 gal, so it's shallow. The condy died in a horrible tank cleaning accident (it was not attached and I sucked it up with a syphon tube) but was doing great before that...

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Halogen? No. You need a more complete source of light and Halogens don't provide that. MH, or PC will be needed.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
It's not just the wattage, but the spectrum that is important. Halogens don't provide the correct spectrum for chlorophyll to utilize it--this means corals, many anenomes, etc.

However--before purchase--consider that condy's are considered a pest in most setups. They are aggressive, and will sting fish and corals. I made the mistake of getting one many moons ago, and regretted it ever since.

unknownfisher

AC Members
May 13, 2005
ok thanks. Is a pink tip anemone the same as a condy anemone? Do they require then same lighting. Is there any sort of anemone that could live under the condtion of the mini compact fluorescent. Thanks.

kcmo lawman

Just a SimpleMan
Dec 10, 2004
Kansas City, Mo
All anemones need good water and high lighting for them to thrive. I have a green bubble tip in my tank and am using 2 150w hqi halides and a 250w pendant. This was I know my anemone will get the light it needs to grow and thrive.

Bradd

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store