electric blues paired up in tank with electric yellows what 2 do

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

><>FunSize<><

AC Members
Jan 16, 2003
Logan Village
Visit site
i have 2 electric blues in a 90gal tank and they have paired up and i think they will breed soon. there are also 4 electric yellows in the tank should i remove the electric blue or leave them in there and see what happens with the fry i need some answers fast.

Ross W

AC Members
Mar 3, 2003
South East
Visit site
similar question

I have a pair of electric blues (Sciaenochromis ahli (formerly Haplochromis ahli)) in a 110 community of mostly African cichlids and catfish. The female has a full mouth of fry and is most likely going to release them in the next few week or so. Should I try to move her to my fry tank now, or try to catch the fry after they are released? The fry will most likely be eaten as this has happened in the past with other breeding pairs in the same tank. I would really like to save as many as possible. Is there any reason to NOT take the female out of the main tank? I dont want her to abandon the fry. Any advice would be greatly accepted.
Thanks,
Ross

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store