Red Sea Iron Test Kit is a joke!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pzuzu

AC Members
Sep 23, 2005
So, I just did my first Iron test on my tank with the Red Sea Iron & CO2 test kit I just got in the mail. Yesterday, I added 2mL of Flourish Iron to my 46g, which according to the calculators I use should have added 0.11ppm of iron to my tank, on top of the regular Flourish, which added .07ppm to my tank. So total I should have about 0.18ppm of iron in my tank. The test said 0ppm. I did another test, using 10 more mL of tank water (as it states to use), but this time I added a drop of Flourish Iron into the test tube directly and waited. Still 0ppm. I did another one and this time I added 2 drops of Flourish Iron directly into the test tube with 10mL of tank water. I waited. And yes, still the test reads 0ppm. I have read and re-read the instructions. So if anybody out there is thinking of using this test kit, take my word for it and skip. I'll guess I'll have to try another brand. Which stinks, cuz test kits are freaking expensive!

Thought I'd share!
Fernando

Lobo.

sheep in wolf's clothing
Feb 24, 2005
Nashville
sounds to me that you already know what the iron is... why do you need a test kit?

pzuzu

AC Members
Sep 23, 2005
I just started adding all my nutrients. It's the first time I've actually supplied my tank will all macros and micros, and my first week using the EI method. I just wanted to make sure all the calculations and online calculators are correct.

Basically, a peace of mind.

Fernando

msouth468

Fighting for the little guy
Nov 29, 2005
Iowa
couchpotatodx.proboards66.com
Call the company. The kit might have expired and the supplier didn't check it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store