Unwanted Visitor

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jonesylad

Registered Member
Mar 3, 2003
Gloucestershire,England
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 95 gallon reef tank, its stocked with some soft corals, shrimps, a few fish and a lot of rocks!!

Some of the fish started getting marks on them and then dying, it looked like something was attacking but i could not see anything.
btw, it did not look bacterial and all water quality tests were good.

Then yesterday a big black crab appeared while i was feeding them so I strongly suspect that.

So my problem is how on earth am i going to get him out? Ive thought of child hood crabbing trips eg. tying meat to some fishing line and try then hooking him into a net or something but wondered if there is a better way.

I have some shrimps and a few little gobies so i have to be careful to catch the villain!

Gareth

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
Gareth, I have had problems with other creepy crawlies in my reef tank. I once had a mantis shrimp that I removed by pulling out the rock he was in, and giving it a dip in a higher solution of salt water than my tanks. They just poured right on out of the rock. You could give this a try. I also heard doing a fresh water bath will do the same but i have never tried this.
jim

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store