New Model of the Universe

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Give the videos a look...

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
And the possibilities are endless....pretty cool!

S.A.

WHY? Cuz I can...
Oct 19, 2005
So he completely throughs out subduction?!? Hellooooo
So, does this gentlemen also explain that Mars (being much smaller than Earth, a larger solid core and thinner mantle) is not as geologically active as Earth? Does he address Earth impact/Moon formation? NO. There are many factors he fails to present, chooses not to address :argue:

Granted, the ideas/hypothesis he is putting out merit great thought. But come on! Do I think planets contract/expand - yes. But to make it the entire theory and throw out everything else.

S.A.

WHY? Cuz I can...
Oct 19, 2005
:mad2: ya' know I should not have tried to continue reading his site. But nooooooo, the scientist/teacher in me had to be the voice of reason, I had to play devils' advocate and find out who this guy was and read some more of his ideas. :rant2:

deep breaths. deep breaths, go to my happy place.

Now I think it's great that he is questioning and exploring and coming up with alternate explanations. I encourage my kids to do the same, where would we be if some of our best and brightest minds had not questioned the status quo - BUT FRIGGIN COME ON - "the only way mountains form is because the Earth expands and the rest of the continent drops down" GRRRRRRRRR.

I think this guy is shooting himself in the foot by using all encompassing words like "only" and completely shutting the door on accepted ideas, he doesn't even consider them as a hand-in-hand theory. Does the crust expand and contract - yes. Is that the only reason for the features we see - FRICK NO.

Ya' maybe science should be one of the banned topics also.... I am giving myself chest pains :thud:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
S.A. said:
:mad2: ya' know I should not have tried to continue reading his site. But nooooooo, the scientist/teacher in me had to be the voice of reason, I had to play devils' advocate and find out who this guy was and read some more of his ideas. :rant2:

deep breaths. deep breaths, go to my happy place.

Now I think it's great that he is questioning and exploring and coming up with alternate explanations. I encourage my kids to do the same, where would we be if some of our best and brightest minds had not questioned the status quo - BUT FRIGGIN COME ON - "the only way mountains form is because the Earth expands and the rest of the continent drops down" GRRRRRRRRR.

I think this guy is shooting himself in the foot by using all encompassing words like "only" and completely shutting the door on accepted ideas, he doesn't even consider them as a hand-in-hand theory. Does the crust expand and contract - yes. Is that the only reason for the features we see - FRICK NO.

Ya' maybe science should be one of the banned topics also.... I am giving myself chest pains :thud:

Sounds as if you might have a few closed door issues.... :idea2:

S.A.

WHY? Cuz I can...
Oct 19, 2005
ya' maybe a few. :D

Watcher74

Senior N00b
Feb 5, 2004
Texas
Visit site
Well I watched clip 0. Lost a few IQ points on that one. But I have one major question on this guys little "theory". Well actually a couple quesitons.

In Clip 0 he claims that the Earth is growing and shows how, going backward in time, the Oceans shrink and eventually dissapear. At this point he claims that (For some insane reason) the platypus could roam the entire land. (I seriously doubt the Platypus existed that far back, but whatever.

Ok. Ahem.

1. The idea that the oceans have grown in while the Earth has been growing...sorry stifling a laugh...Ok, where did the water come from? From watching the clip and listening to his narration apparently the land was always here. It's the water that has grown in as the Earth expanded.

2. Let's envision a world where the oceans did not exist. Look like rain today? Ummm...no. Tomorrow? No... Any time in the next 5 thousand years. Doubt it. That's called a freaking desert. Hell that's worse than all the deserts. What the hell is going to live in that? How would life begin on that. It wouldn't.

3. Growing? WTH? Growing from what? Is Earth eating a lot of calories and packing on a few extra pounds here? The Earth is getting heavier as we accumulate tons and tons of dust and rocks that enter our atmosphere. But that's not water. And it's not near enough to change the Earth's mass that much from the way it was 4 billion years ago.

This guy is a quack. And has a LOT of explaining to do before I even think about reconsidering on this absurd idea.

S.A.

WHY? Cuz I can...
Oct 19, 2005
You are right, it is an interesting theory. However, it is not a true science. Geologist, paleotoligst ... ok all the main stream and even side stream -ologists consider the idea a psuedo science. Many of the folks that support the idea of 'the Earth is growing' hypothesis also support the Hollow Earth theory. Check that one out if you really want a headache.

Now it is possible that the earth expands and thereby gets "bigger" and technically if there is more activity along spreading plate boundaries than the conductive/slip boundaries - the earth (lower case) will get "bigger," for a time. Then pressure builds, plates slip/slide (oh yeah big earthquakes) and a state of balance is restored - or at least the pressure has reduced.

Yes folks are going to balk at the current geology models - remember they are really fairly new models also (less than 100 years in some cases). But the issue I have is that the evidence Mr. Adams is using doesn't actually support his model well.

...my hubby is laughing at me... he says I haven't been this worked up since I was in my Master's program. I told him that was his fault :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store