Funny Pic From Vivarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

justintoxicated

AC Members
Dec 19, 2005
Ok so not total fish related but freshwater related. And I do have one guppy fry in there...

Anyways. I cought Mrs Toad and Mrs Newt having a little too much fun!

It is a Japanese Paddletale Newt, and I think The toad is a California Toad (raised her since she was a baby about the size of my firebelly toads, which are also in the same tank). She is now about 7 times their size, but she is very mello and peaceful.

Both toad and newt are fairly large.

Last edited:

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Haha nice...I catch my turtles stacking up to bask all the time too, it makes a good picture.

justintoxicated

AC Members
Dec 19, 2005
LoL Thanks, I catch these two together alot, she sometimes tries to taste the other newt with her tongue, but has ever really attempted to eat it (must taste nasty).

Cam is just a Canon S410. Very impressed with the quality of pics for this small camera but they are really pushing there SD line and I'm not so crazy about the pics from those so far. They are slightly smaller, but so is the lense, and when you start stuffing 5+ mp in a very small pocket portable camera your going to lose detail or gain noise. Compact Sonys do a good job with noise, but lose ALOT of detail because they use agressive noise filtering algorithms.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store