A big thanks to all your help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

afkouns

AC Members
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
A big thanks for all your help!

Well with a few threads and even more replies I finally solved some problems. I am still using my 4x96 CF arrangement. I did switch the 7100k's for true Atinic 03's and I also switched the 6700k's with 10,000k's. My pink goniophora is finally strecthing out. My mushrooms look nicer to. I removed my prefilter overflow bag. Then I had to eliminate some noise. I had gurgling which I fixed using a homemade stockman standpipe. I still had the water crashing sound in the sump which I fixed by using to 90degree elbows to make a U and that fixed the problem. I'm still waiting for a little more coraline algae to grow, its a little slow but its growing. PH 8.3 Alk is good but calcium is a little high at 612. My next project is to setup an auto drip system for kalkwasser.

A few people have said to get rid of my RIO2500 that I use for circulatioin inside the tank. I want to keep my GPH. Any suggestions on that?

Again, I'd like to say thanks for all your help!:D

Last edited:

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
I would suggest replacing the Rio as well just for peace of mind...they tend to burn out and/or leak stray voltage, which can hurt you or your livestock. Switch over to a Maxijet or comparable brand instead...you can only improve from a Rio IMHO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store