Piranha Setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

csdax

Not Crazy!
Mar 6, 2006
London, Ontario, Canada
I have 2 small piranha, which I'm planning on moving from their temporary 10g tank to a much more suitable home in the 90 gal I should be getting tomorrow. (Don't worry - they've only been in the 10g for a couple of weeks)

I'd like to get suggestions on the long-term setup of this tank, please. I've heard that some kinds of fish can be kept with piranha - any suggestions?

The alternative would be to get another piranha. I don't want to overstock, but I'm thinking that a 90 gal will be able to support at least 1 more?

Any suggestions on this, so I can make sure I get the tank setup suitably, right from the start?

Thanks
:dive2:

DeRo316

Keeper of Cichlids
Nov 23, 2005
Tallahassee, FL.
I have a friend that had 5 red bellies in a 125 and they seemed to have plenty of room, so 3 in a 90 should be OK, they weren't full grown before he traded them for some cichlids so I dont know how they would have ended up.

I wouldnt think you could keep anything else in the tank because whatever fish he put in there were reduced to flakes in seconds.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store