Hi im new...Peacock eel questions...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Paul112

Registered Member
Apr 6, 2006
Hi there, my name is Paul (as you've probably guessed). Its my birthday on the 8th April, and i have a spare 20 gallon tank. At the moment the tank is set up, with heater, filter, cycled water from another tank (zebra danios), slate rock, and some gravel. I have seen a type of eel called a Peacock eel at my LFS, and was wondering about their care. The tank is 60x30x40cm. Can i keep a Peacock eel in this tank? What food should be offered? Is there anything else that should be added to the setup before i buy an eel? Also, i have heard they are notorious for escaping. If i cut some plastic disks about 4" in diametre and place them around the filter/heater cables, will this prevent escape?
Thanks,
Paul

Paul112

Registered Member
Apr 6, 2006
Okay then. Thankyou for the webpage. Google doesn't produce much information on them. Are there any other species that could live in that tank?

graphicdesign_r

Tact is for the weak.
Oct 31, 2005
In your nightmares.
If you are looking for eel like fish kuhli loaches are fun. I've heard some bad things about their hardiness, although supposedly the all black ones are more healthy than the banded ones (of course the banded variety is much prettier).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store