15 INCH Midas Video and mixed tank video

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

toerag

AC Members
Oct 5, 2005
I have a 15 inch midas...almost sure has a genetic disorder...he's outgrown all my other...which I have about 30 of all species of red devils....he's still growing, very aggressive, quad colored and very aggressive....the other video is of my mixed cichlids..umbies, red faced midas, red barred midas, haitensis, striped labiatums, amarillo, barred midas, labiatums, centrinellums, synspillum, loiselle and probably more that I don't remember....I have way too many large and small aggressive cichlids...been "addicted" for over 35 years...but...here's the videos...not great quality...but you can get the idea, you may have to scroll down after clicking below to see video...

http:www.vmix.com/viewVideo.php?ID=197943

http:www.vmix.com/viewVideo.php?ID=197916

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
that midas is a beauty :)
one of my favorite cichlids

i hate when people post nice pictures and vids and no one responds, are they jealous or something? lol
ever post on www.cichlid-forum.com? the people their are alot more appreciative of vids and pics
again hes gorgeous

toerag

AC Members
Oct 5, 2005
Thanks

Thanks for the reply...I'm going to go check out the site you mentioned...

Larissa

Katherine Hope
Jun 9, 2005
brenham, tx
That fish is beautiful. I would love to have a Midas.

toerag

AC Members
Oct 5, 2005
Thanks Larissa

Thanks, he's a real "Devil"...here's a few pics that actually show how large he really is...

Lobo.

sheep in wolf's clothing
Feb 24, 2005
Nashville
holy cow thats a big fish!

btw, i love the feeding frenzy, and the videos overall! much more character in them than pics! maybe noone responds because there is nothing to add? iduno...

great tank, great fish!

vaderbanger

AC Members
Dec 1, 2005
omg! he may be 20 inches lol
i had to chuckle at his size, ive seen pics of big ones but not next to someones hand, you truly get a feel for his size that way
enjoy him, he is a beauty :)

tjb

AC Members
Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
That is a VERY big fish

I Thought my Jack Dempsey was big, and growing out of my 50 G tank. But man, THAT FISH IS BIG. And thanks for the videos, much more interesting than "just pics". Do you have plants in that tank, or do the cichlids just eat them?

Lobo.

sheep in wolf's clothing
Feb 24, 2005
Nashville
how big are your tanks? how many do you have? post more!!! from what ive seen, the tanks look VERY professional and awesome!

you said that youve been at it for 35 years (longer than ive been alive! :thud: )... have any of the fish lived that long? if not, how old are they?

toerag

AC Members
Oct 5, 2005
My Cichlids

No...none have lived that long....but I've had incredible luck with long lasting cichlids....but, I way over do the filtration...(my bank acct. will prove this)...I have one 250 gallon tank...one 150 gallon tank.....one 110 gallon tank....two 30 gallon longs, one 39 gallon hex and a multitude of ten gallon tanks...I've sold all my 55's and others...(wife was threatening to leave just cuz she had to walk under them, around them...and what the hell are closets and bathrooms for anyhow?).....My tanks are overcrowded...(one, way too much which I'm taking care of this weekend).....but, overcrowding to some extent has worked well for me in the past as it cuts down on aggression with the type cichlids I keep. Here's a few more pics....and, thanks for all the very kind replies.....currently I have about 40 mixed young fish...midas, labiatums, striped labiatums, red faced costa ricans, red barred midas, amarillo, umbriferums, haitensis, loiselle, friederschii sp?, synspillum, zaliosum/arrows, 16 inch butter tilapia, two Dovii, a tetracanthus and a blackbelt and many very large, and maybe some others I've forgotten about....(wish I could photograph like MOJO but don't have that kind of equipt nor the talent)

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store