Looking for more color for my reef! Coral suggestions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kara

AC Members
Feb 21, 2003
Fort Lauderdale
Visit site
Any suggestions of what corals I can look into that are brightly colored in yellows, oranges or reds?

I'm looking for corals that are fairly easy to maintain. My soft corals and LPS are doing really well, but I'm still pretty new to the reefkeeping obsession!

____
46 gallon bowfront
Berlin Method
230 watts lighting (MH & Flor/Actinic)

Satchmo

AC Members
May 28, 2001
NJ, 16E
The sarco would be a great choice. Yellow polyps are a nice splash of color too- easy care and fast spreading.

For orange, I'd recommend Montipora digitata. It's an SPS, but it's very hard to kill. The orange varieties can be very bright.
Pocillopora is another easy SPS that comes in some nice colors. The pink versions are gorgeous.

Some of the funkiest and most varied colors come from zooanthids. Contact Bryan at www.logicalreef.com He has some crazy morphs. He's also a great source for ricordea, which come in some dazzling colors. Make sure you tell him that Satchmo wants a kickback for sending you there :p

With your lighting, it's only a matter of time until you feel comfortable enough to take the "Acro Leap." Once you do, the sky's the limit as far as colors are concerned. Have fun!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store