angels fighting to death:((((????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

paulf

Registered Member
Mar 8, 2003
Wa
Visit site
I bought 10 little angels at one time, and they were doing fine until now that they got big, now the fight between each other, all of them do, and one got killed already and i barely saved another one the other day when i saw him floating stomichk up, all beat up:(((( is there any way to stop em?? i would hate to get rid of em!!!!!!!

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
Rockhead is absolutely correct, if they are males and fighting over territory (if there isn't enough room) or another female, they will fight to the death. Your best bet is to separate them.

inxs

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Litchfield, CT
www.picturetrail.com
paulf - even in the 125 you will/would have problems with more than one pair getting along.

I did the same as you and I know what you mean - it sure would be nice to have a school of angels swimming around together, it would look great.

You just have to realize that in nature , being cichlids and all, they only school when they are young so let them pair up and put them in a breeding tank . Once they have offspring you can raise a new school and put them in the display tank and when they get big replace them with a new generation. And so on.

I know it's not what you had in mind but it is the reallity with cichlids and if you want a school of them that is the best way IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store