Help!Dying bloated goldfish!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

talia

Registered Member
Feb 27, 2006
Hiya, am currenlty looking after my friends goldfish (two of them in a goldfish tank with air and a filter). The fantail who is dying, is currently lying at the bottom of the tank, breathing rapidly and is very bloated. yet she has been bloated for a few weeks now.is there anything i could do to help. i have various medicines,but not too sure which to use as they were bought for our tropical tank.

thankyou inadvance

talia

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
How big is the tank?

What is the filter brand and size?

What are the pH, ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates readings?

What temperture are they being kept at?

While you're figuring all that out try throwing a few skinned peas in there for it to eat. It could be constipated and the peas will help him clear out.

ragc

AC Members
Dec 4, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Raise the temperature of the water gradually if the tank has a heater. Even though goldfish are coldwater fish, they will tolerate temperatures in the 70's, and the rise in temperature is beneficial for a sick fish. Add aquarium salt per the directions in the box (not saltwater mix, the medicinal salt for freshwater fish that comes in milk carton containers), Feed some frozen green peas.

Good luck, we're pulling for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store