The big guy gets to go outside.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kittyhazelton

I eat sushi
Aug 15, 2005
Hartford, VT
elfwood.lysator.liu.se

budrecki

Trust me, it's for your own good.
Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
What a handsome boy!

Riso-chan

The Blue Girl
Jan 17, 2005
Florida, USA
He/she is beautiful:). I've notices before that the albinos seem more gentle, I couldbe wrong but it just seems they are more dependant on their caretaker because of the health aliments they can face from albinoism. I've owned a female leopard gecko for about 6 years now, and while she isn't quite on the same scale as your snake, she gives me the feeling that reptiles are alot more intelligent and curious than they are given credit for. BTW, those are nice reddish eyes on the snake. How long have you had it, and how old is it?

kittyhazelton

I eat sushi
Aug 15, 2005
Hartford, VT
elfwood.lysator.liu.se
I've had him since august '05. According to the person I got him from he is about 2 1/2 years old. (Very small from his age, due to being underfed while he was a young snake.)
And to answer the comment about the albinos being more mellow. I don't think it really has to do with ailments or anything like that. i think it has to do with the fact that the ailbinos are 100% captive bred babies. Any albino python that you see at the pet store is born from captive bred parents, that were also most likely born from captive breds.
Though wild-caught snakes are less common, my opinion (and i could be waay off here) is that the normal patterend ones probably have more of the wild gene left in the normal patterned ones simply because they haven't been bred out so much for the albino color.

rosita

Here
Jan 11, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
Wow, he is one handsome fella! It's good to hear he has a caring and loving home now. And I bet he really enjoyed that sunshine. I have always loved snakes, but I just can't handle the thought of feeding them live mice/rats--the screaming would echo in my mind, no matter how short. Oh well, we're all squeamish about something. Plus, I think my mom would think I've finally gone completely off the edge LOL. Too many critters already. . . well, I don't think so. :D She lives several states away, anyhoo!!

Enjoy Levi!!!! And thanks for sharing the pix!! Great!!

kittyhazelton

I eat sushi
Aug 15, 2005
Hartford, VT
elfwood.lysator.liu.se
No live food for this guy. All the rats I feed him are pre-killed and frozen. I had given him a live rat once, and it bit him up pretty bad. Took a few sheds for the scar to go away, and wounds show up really easily on the albinos.

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
Oh, he's so beautiful. My son loves snakes. He thought he was cool.

So what's his name? And how long is he?

kittyhazelton

I eat sushi
Aug 15, 2005
Hartford, VT
elfwood.lysator.liu.se
7' a little over. his name is Leviathan, Levi for short.

kittyhazelton

I eat sushi
Aug 15, 2005
Hartford, VT
elfwood.lysator.liu.se
well....They didn't until the other day. :laugh:
Some were intrigued, some were like "Oh my GOD!!" and then there was a couple with the little boy who LOVED snakes and got to pet him. Seeing children showing interest in these animals makes my day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store