Sarasa Comet Unwell - Please Help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

guidodarezzo

Registered Member
Apr 15, 2006
Could anyone please help me?

My Sarasa Comet has started to rest all the time at the botom of the fish tank. He used to swim around most of the time.

Then every now and again he springs into life quite violently and bangs into the sides of the tank and also he rubs his sides against the tank floor. It is almost like he goes into a fit. After this he returns to resting on the bottom.

He has also been resting floating with his head facing upwards which is most unusual. I know this my be a swim bladder problem, and today he has rested normally.

I have looked at him for parasites but can't see any.

It really is a worry seeing him react in this way.

I'd be grateful of any advice with this as he seems to be in much distress.

Thank you,

GD

ROLLIN

fanta fanta, do you want a fanta?
Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
What are your test results? Without knowing the results yet, here is what I recommend. Start by changing some water every day. Also add some aquarium salt to the water (only once), the usual dosage is one tablespoon of salt per 5 gallons of water. What is the temperature? It would probably help to raise it a few degrees for a while, even for a goldfish. Add a half dose of quickcure every day for a while. Make sure your filter and gravel aren't loaded with waste and uneaten food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store